Welcome to the GM Canada Mobility
Program for Persons with DisabilitiesThis is a simple overview of our Mobility Program to help you find the vehicle and adaptive equipment you need. Also be sure to speak to your GM Canada dealer about a reimbursement of up to $1,000 towards the cost of adapting an eligible GM vehicle*
Obtain an evaluationFirst find a driver assessment facility and arrange for a complete evaluation. Your assessment professional will be able to make suggestions about your driving and any adaptive equipment you need. You should also speak to your provincial Ministry of Transportation about any changes in your medical status.
Eligible equipmentTo be eligible for a GM reimbursement of up to $1,000, your adaptive equipment must be permanently installed in a vehicle, installed for a driver or passenger with a permanent disability and purchased from and installed by a licensed equipment installer. Equipment available from General Motors (i.e., regular production options and GM Accessories) is not eligible for reimbursement. Speak to a GM Mobility Program representative to find out more.
Choose a vehicleTogether your GM Canada dealer, an adaptive equipment installer and an assessment professional can help you choose the right vehicle for your needs.
Find a qualified equipment installerIf you're not sure where to find qualified installers in your area, the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA), your provincial rehabilitation services agency and the Ministry of Transportation are good sources of information. Shaw GMC is a qualified installer. Contact us at 403-243-4200 for more details.
Get to know your financing optionsGM Canada has a number of financing options available including Smart PurchaseTM‡ Financing. This new, more flexible loan product allows you to own your vehicle while still enabling you to return your vehicle at a fixed point in the contract term for a predetermined price. Talk to our finance experts here.For more information, please contact us at: GM CANADA MOBILITY ASSISTANCE CENTRE1 800-GM-DRIVE (463-7483) English/French(TTY users, 1-800-263-3830)http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporate/mobility/home* $1000 (tax exclusive) Credit available on eligible new 2011-2012 MY GM vehicles (excluding Hummer,Saturn, Saab, Pontiac, Medium Duty Trucks) delivered by Jan 3, 2012 to eligible customers. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. GMCL may modify or terminate program in whole or in part at any time without notice. See dealer for details.Smart Purchase TM financing is available on approved credit through Ally Credit. Eligible vehicles: 2011 MY new or demonstrator Chevrolet/Buick/GMC/Cadillac. Dealer order (2011MY only) or trade may be required. Applies only to qualified retail customers in Canada. Payments amortized over a term of up to 84 months. At months 47-49 or 59-61 customer may: (i) exercise option to return vehicle for sale to Ally Credit if applicable conditions met, including payment of $199 disposal fee and any excess wear/km charges; (ii) continue at initial payment amount for remainder of term; or (iii) trade-in vehicle to dealer. This offer may not be combined with certain other consumer incentives available on GM vehicles, including deferred payment offers. GMCL or Ally Credit may modify, extend or terminate this offer in whole or in part at any time without notice. Conditions and limitations apply. See your dealer for details.
The following equipment is eligible for GM reimbursement for up to $1000*
- Automatic Door Opener (when used with lift) • Assist Handle1 • Assist Step (Only eligible if running boards are not available as a factory option or GM accessory on the particular model) • Ramp • Transfer Platform • Wheelchair and/or Scooter Lift
- Brakes - Reduced Effort • Brake System - Emergency Backup • Parking Brake - Push/Pull Control • Parking Brake - Electric • Parking Brake - Extension Lever • Hand Controls • Servo-Assisted Hand Controls • Left Foot Accelerator
- Vinyl Seat Cover (Front Seating Area Only)† • Extended Travel Transfer Seat (non-OEM Only)** • Safety Belt Extenders
- Adaptive Steering Devices • Steering Controls • Foot-Control Steering • Horizontal Steering • Steering Column Extension • Steering System - Emergency Backup • Steering System - Reduced and Zero Effort
- Driving Consoles for Relocation of Secondary Controls • Elbow Switches • Gear Selector Lever for Left Hand • Power Channels/Power Pan • Turn Signal Lever for Right Hand • Wheelchair Tie-Down and/or Lockdown System
Other vehicle modifications
- Joystick Driving Systems • Inverter Installation • Lowered Floor • Quad Key Holder/Turner • Raised Roof/Door (when used with a lift) • Alert Systems